Sharetribe is the most popular open source peer-to-peer marketplace platform for those who want to create rental, service or product marketplaces like Airbnb, Etsy, or Craigslist.
What is Sharetribe?
Sharetribe is an open source software platform built on Ruby on Rails framework. It allows to create rental, service or product marketplaces. Sharetribe provide large built-in functionalities and allows us to customize all aspects according to our requirements. in the present day context sharetribe is the best way of creating an online marketplace mvp efficiently. large online marketplaces like studiotime.io, The quiver, Häätorii and olmost.in use sharetribe.
in addition to this, the RoR community has expanded and developed lots of gems(plugins) and solutions therefore we can customize our marketplace further according to our needs.
Sharetribe is written in Ruby on Rails and since we’re Ruby on Rails masters, we understand how Sharetribe is built and can efficiently customize the core code according to your requirements.
Main reasons for using sharetribe for your marketplace.
- It’s Ruby on Rails! - Sharetribe is written in Ruby on Rails, the most popular programming framework for rapid and reliable development. We’re Ruby experts, so we understand how Sharetribe is built and can efficiently customize the core code to suit your needs.
- It’s Testable - Sharetribe follows a behavior-driven development approach. This means that when we change any code in the platform, we can immediately test it and see that it doesn’t break any existing functionality.
- 3. It’s Developing Fast - Sharetribe gets updated every month to provide the latest security measures for your marketplace and to support the latest versions of the tools and technologies it runs on, allowing developers to implement cutting-edge functionality.
- It’s Promising – The technical roadmap provided by Sharetribe contributors reveals that soon Sharetribe will boast Elasticsearch-based search functionality, which will directly affect how easily your visitors can find products they’re looking for, how quickly your marketplace can show relevant items, provide similar positions and so on.
- It’s Supported! - We like open source solutions with strong communities built around them. Should we have any questions about the architectural or other tech-related aspects of such a platform, we can always ask its contributors and fellow developers for advice. And Sharetribe’s community forum is alive and well. This also suggests that Sharetribe will continue to be supported and evolve in future.
Why we recommend Sharetribe?
Naturally, Sharetribe isn’t perfect. Since the platform is monolithic, it takes time to test it, investigate bugs, and scale. Fortunately, the creators of Sharetribe already know about these shortcomings, however, and are constantly working to update the service and fix or prevent any possible issues. If you decide to create your marketplace with Sharetribe, we highly recommend opting for the open-source version. Our Adware Technologies team can help you out with this, as we have vast & extensive experience building large-scale marketplace platforms using Sharetribe. We work with Sharetribe from the very start of projects, add all the functionality you need, carry out quality assurance testing, and then provide ongoing support. Feel free to contact us if you have an idea for a marketplace and want our experienced experts to help you develop it from the ground up.